Tap into the wealth of data and transform it into actionable intelligence using Verizon Enterprise Solutions law enforcement and public safety solutions.
Helping officers stay more aware, secure and connected
Information is generated—from citizens sharing images on smartphones and social media to sensors, alarms and surveillance cameras streaming video from multiple locations.
This data is setting up new possibilities for crime-fighting. Police and public safety agencies can tap into this wealth of information and transform it into actionable intelligence. 70% of law enforcement agencies happen to be taking advantage of advanced information technology to higher predict and prevent crime.
Translating data into actionable intelligence
And Verizon is part of the movement, helping agencies stay linked to a premier crime-centre platform that gives reliable, continuous communication and coordination between fixed command centres and mobile units.
Essentially a small-scale rapid-response centre, this integrated crime platform helps law enforcement proactively manage incoming information from multiple sources—streaming video, license plate information, automatic vehicle locators, and suspicious activity reports— and coordinate an appropriate response.
Transforming the squad car into a mobile communications hub
And that’s not all. By combining the power of cloud, mobility and telematics technologies under one roof, Verizon is assisting in transforming the typical patrol vehicle into a high-powered mobile data centre.
On-board high-resolution cameras, radar detectors, radios, handheld scanners, GPS sensors and tiny printers are wirelessly connected to the central command centre.
That means traffic citations may be electronically filed and printed in the cruiser, and reports filed from the field. Officers can quickly pull up information regarding suspects from in-vehicle computers or smartphones and analyze data about crime and offenders—better still, predict where and when crimes are far more probably be committed.
The effect? Not only can there be less paperwork, but law enforcement can proactively approach an incident or a crime scene armed with an increase in operational intelligence than ever before.
Feel the speed and reliability of 4G LTE.
Processing this flood of data, especially streaming video, can consume an essential chunk of bandwidth, potentially blocking other critical incoming and outgoing information—and slowing response times.
- Meet the Verizon Wireless 4G LTE network.
- Officers in the field can quickly send and receive information with built-in 4G LTE modems running within the reliable Verizon network.
- 4G LTE connectivity from Verizon offers your law enforcement agency:
- Reliable communication and collaboration in the field over a broad and reliable wireless network
- Rapid use of information to hold officers safe and citizens in the know
- The capacity to easily transmit streaming video without compromising other incoming/ outgoing data
- Advanced information-sharing capabilities via voice, data or video
Assist in officer safety and performance with telematics.
To effectively respond to the needs of one’s community and its citizens while protecting responders, it’s essential to know where your mobile units have reached. Embedded telematics sensors allow you to keep tabs on squad vehicles’ positioning and performance to help maintain safety and provide a quick response when seconds count.
With Verizon telematics solutions, you can:
- Stream GPS coordinates of response vehicles to dispatchers at command headquarters.
- Access live video and audio feeds; control on-dashboard cameras from the command centre to better view the situation.
- Quickly route and dispatch the nearest available unit to an officer in need.
- Monitor key performance metrics to help promote safety, improve routing, reduce idling and fuel consumption, increase resource utilization—and curb costs.
Help boost situational awareness and response with live video.
Streaming video is becoming a vital element of law enforcement. Having a clearer view of incidents and crime scenes helps agencies better protect personnel while maintaining accountability to the public.
Wireless-enabled video from Verizon offers law enforcement the following:
- In-depth information regarding what to anticipate because they are planning a trip to and entering a crime scene
- A valuable investigative tool for post-evidentiary reporting
- Real-time monitoring capabilities—from keeping an eye on remote facilities to watching crowds during significant events or within a bombing or hostage situation
- A transparency tool that can help defend against complaints against officers and departments.
Simplify data storage and retrieval with cloud technology.
Police agencies in the United States increasingly turn to cloud computing as an excellent way to guide information management and operations.
Cloud technology from Verizon can help you:
- Upload and store captured video and other crime-fighting data on a secure platform.
- Securely manage collected video footage.
- Enable cross-state agency data sharing.
- Manage documents and records.
- Simplify access and retrieval of data, in addition to backup and disaster recovery.
- Create crime reporting and analysis applications.
- Eliminate the necessity to manage your software and hardware.
Verizon helps law enforcement reduce risk, boost performance and curb costs.
Verizon is providing the technology and connectivity that’s helping police departments over the nation better communicate and coordinate. Agencies can depend on the reliability of the Verizon 4G LTE network to help shorten response times, improve officer effectiveness and safety, proactively deploy resources and even reduce crime.